Clay McKell, PhD
Clay McKell earned his B.S. degree, summa cum laude, and M.S. degree in mechanical engineering from UCLA in 2006 and 2007, respectively.
He earned his Ph.D. in electrical engineering from the University of Hawaii at Manoa in 2018 and currently serves as a lecturer in the Electrical Engineering Department at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo.
His research interests include distributed control of multi-agent networks as well as STEM education practices that foster diversity and equity.
- EE 112: Electric Circuit Analysis I
- EE 113: Electric Circuit Analysis I
- EE 143: Electronics Manufacturing and Circuit Analyais Laboratory
- EE 201: Electric Circuit Theory
- EE 228: Continuous Time Signals and Systems
- EE 302: Classical Control Systems
- EE 328: Discrete Time Signals and Systems
- EE 342: Classical Control Systems Laboratory
- EE 346: Semiconductor Device Electronics Laboratory
- EE 368: Signals and Systems Laboratory
- EE 415: Modern Communication Systems
- EE 416: Digital Communication Systems
- EE 514: Advanced Topics in Automatic Control
- EE 526: Advanced Digital Communications
Honors and Awards
- 2019 Cal Poly Northrop Grumman Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2019 Cal Poly Engineering Student Council Award for Oustanding Faculty
- 2019 Cal Poly Engineering Student Council Award for Oustanding Lecturer
- 2014 UH Manoa College of Engineering Outstanding Teaching Assitant Award
- 2010 ARCS-Honolulu Kresser Award in Engineering
- 2007 UH Manoa Electrical Engineering Departmental Fellowship
- 2006 UCLA Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Departmental Fellowship
- 2005 Northrop Grumman Foundation Scholarship
- 2002 University of California Regents Scholarship
- K. C. McKell and G. Arslan, "On the Existence and Uniqueness of Nash Equilibria in MIMO Communication Games with a Jammer," 10th International Conference on Network Games, Control and Optimization (NetGCoOp'20), 2021. doi: 10.1007/978-3-030-87473-5\_1
- K. C. McKell and A. Danowitz, "Exploring the Effect of Standards-Based Grading on Student Learning," IEEE Frontiers in Education (FIE), 2020.
- A. Danowitz, B. Benson, P. Hummel, J. Callenes, K. C. McKell}, "In Depth Exploration of Added Course Expenses on Students of Various Socioeconomic Status, IEEE Frontiers in Education (FIE), 2020.
- A. Danowitz, K. C. McKell, B. Benson, J. Callenes, P. Hummel, and R. Randall, "Repurposing Retired Faculty Laptops to Make Engineering More Accessible," in IEEE Frontiers in Education (FIE), 2019.
- F. W. DePiero, B. Benson, and K. C. McKell, "Learner-centered Design of a Web-based Teaching Tool for Circuit Analysis with Embedded Assessment Features," in ASEE Annual Conference, 2017.
- F. W. DePiero, K. C. McKell, and B. Benson, "CATE: A Circuit Analysis Tool for Education," in ASEE Annual Conference, 2016.